Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 large white or yellow onion, chopped
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, cored and chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Avocado, diced
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours, or high for 3-4. You want the vegetables to be just cooked through.
- Then, it’s your choice whether to serve the soup as is, which will be more brothy, or to use a blender or immersion blender to create more of a thick, creamy consistency.
- Serve warm, and garnish with that avocado powerhouse and some cilantro. Amazing!