This dish can help you conjure up images of sunnier, warmer days. The coral tones of the salmon with the pale green of the avocado are dreamy.Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 servings plus one for lunch the next day!
- 3 (4 oz) salmon fillets, skin on, bones removed
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- ½ medium head of Savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 kale leaves (optional)
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
Lemon, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Directions:1. Score the skin side of the salmon and season all over with salt and pepper.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place the salmon skin side down and cook until the skin is browned and crisp (about 5 minutes). Turn over and reduce heat to medium, cooking for about 4- 5 more minutes until the fish is barely opaque at the center of each fillet.
3. Whisk together shallots, yogurt, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
4. Add the avocado (I find it easiest to dice the avocado while still in the skin), cilantro and cabbage and toss lightly.
5. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon and season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve with the salmon. Enjoy!